Nittany Lion Hotline is over for another Thursday, Knowledge Timmons and Joe Paterno were the guests.
Cutting to the chase, Paterno said linebacker Sean Lee is “very doubtful,” Navorro Bowman will play and that reserve linebacker Nate Stupar (ankle), “might not make it.”
Other areas Joe addressed:
- Anthony Fera might be the kickoff man, but he doesn’t think that kicking off is a problem. He goes into a very long explanation about kicking off.
- Caller asks about fourth down calls and kicking long field goals. Joe says they practice all kinds of situations with fourth down and kicking field goals even if they are long.
- Caller asks if Clark is “going to be ready by this Saturday,”….unless that caller was an insider and has stuff the rest of us don’t, they are dumb. Some people shouldn’t have phones…really they shouldn’t.
- This Iowa team might be as good as the one that beat PSU last year (24-23 for those of you who don’t remember).
- Joe says Johnnie Troutman has done a really good job, Joe has been disappointed in Wisniewski for not being as good a leader as he needs to be for the 0-line. Overall he thinks the O-line has really improved. Nerraw McCormick might play some more.
- Joe recaps the Gator Bowl in 1966 and why they didn’t kick a FG in it. His memory is unreal. UNREAL JERRY!
- Gbadyu, Hull, Bowman will be the starters at LB if Lee can’t go. Second string will be Yancich, Stupar and Colasanti, though Joe said he’s bothered by Stupar’s injury and, in a round about way, questioned Nate’s toughness saying back when he played no one visited the trainer. Ouch.
- Joe says they need a tough game to find out where they are as a team. He also said practice this week was fine.
- So in the span of 10 minutes, we’ve had someone call in and say they are getting married and are celebrating their 28th anniversary. Does Joe really care?
- The option is under consideration, but Joe wants to keep Clark healthy, said he has to learn how to take the hit, and he said they will keep going the way they are until someone makes them run the quarterback.
- Joe won’t run vs. Obama in ’12, “I’m crazy, but not that crazy.”
- Kudos to the caller from Archabald, the Thomas/McAndrew family is legendary there. Truth.
- Stanzi is good, Joe said Iowa has good big wideouts, good backs.
That be it. As always you can follow me on Twitter where I am updating PSU news (and breaking some if you followed earlier today) constantly.